Train The Trainer

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 27 July 2013

Periodization confusion – Slides from WindSprint 2013

Posted on 09:11 by Unknown



I had a pleasure to be one of the lectures at WindSprint 2013 held in Sundsvall, Sweden. I have finally met French sprint coach Pierre Jean Vazel who I know for years from Charlie Francis forum.

Among other presenters were Aki Salo (great presentation on relays), Takanori Suyibiashi (Japanese sprint methods), Roland Lööv (his presentation was on Swedish, so I didn’t understand much).

My presentation was probably too meta-physical, but I have tried to cover some theoretical/philosophical aspects of periodization. This was the first time I was presenting, and I did it on English language, so I was a bit nervous (plus being on stage form me is everything  but walk in the park). Anyway, I was pleased by the reception even if could definitely done it better. Maybe next time J

I have covered a lot of topics/concepts and it was hard to go into details on each. The goal was to present the bigger picture and to provide different framework to think about things.

Here are the slides





Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in monitoring, periodization, Philosophy, Physiology, planning, powerlifting, programming, Research, statistics, strength training, team sports, Theory | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Playbook: Understanding MODERATION through simulation
    Playbook: Understanding MODERATION through simulation Playbook: Understanding MODERATION through simulation Introduction I rece...
  • Intensity-Effort Table for Strength training
    Intensity-Effort Table for Strength training Continuing on my rant on three parameters of intensity in strength training I decided to updat...
  • Olympic lifting matrix
    I was training yesterday with a friend of mine, playing with GymAware Pro (with a Web support and BTW I am AMAZED how powerful this tool ...
  • Planning the Strength Training. Part 1
    Planning the strength training From novice to elite CHARACTERISTICS OF THE LIFTER According to Mark Rippetoe, the author of Practical Progra...
  • Periodization Confusion?
    I have recently been reading Transfer of Training  (Volume 2) by Dr Anatoly Bondarchuk an...
  • The Ultimate Guide to HRV Training – Joel Jamieson
      The Ultimate Guide to HRV Training By Joel Jamieson This was a long awaited book from Joel, especially if you have already purchased BioF...
  • How to visualize test change scores for coaches
    How to visualize test change scores for coaches How to visualize test change scores for coaches Introduction Coaches are not int...
  • 6 weeks running program for soccer players
    This is an article I wrote couple of months ago for one website, but it never got published, so I decided to publish it on my b...
  • Real-Time Fatigue Monitoring using Metabolic Power and CP/W'
    Real-Time Fatigue Monitoring using Metabolic Power and CP/W' Real-Time Fatigue Monitoring using Metabolic Power and CP/W' ...
  • How to make a readiness monitoring using a simple wellness questionnaire. Addendum
    How to make a readiness monitoring using a simple wellness questionnaire. Addendum Just a quick update – My free Screencast account reached...

Categories

  • analysis
  • Basketball
  • Biomechanics
  • conditioning
  • dashboards
  • Download
  • ELEIKO
  • energy system development
  • Excel
  • Fasting
  • fun
  • general vs. specific
  • Good Reads
  • Guest Article
  • GymAware
  • HRV
  • IE20-10
  • injuries
  • interview
  • Italian
  • links
  • martial arts
  • MMA
  • monitoring
  • Muscles
  • Notice
  • Nutrition
  • Olympic lifting
  • On Serbian
  • Performance Analysis
  • periodization
  • Philosophy
  • Physical Therapy
  • Physiology
  • planning
  • powerlifting
  • Product
  • programming
  • Psychology
  • R
  • Random Thoughts
  • Research
  • Review
  • Roberto Sassi
  • RPE
  • RSA
  • runnings
  • screen cast
  • soccer
  • statistics
  • strength training
  • team sports
  • Theory
  • videos
  • visit
  • volleyball
  • Warm-up
  • wellness questionnaire

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (54)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ▼  July (3)
      • Random thoughts on coaching software
      • Periodization confusion – Slides from WindSprint 2013
      • Player Profiles v1.0
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2012 (55)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (3)
  • ►  2011 (48)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2010 (42)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (19)
    • ►  September (7)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile