Train The Trainer

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 20 February 2011

Back to business...

Posted on 06:35 by Unknown
I was quite busy lately and actually on training camp on Cyprus with FC RAD  (you can check some of the pics here), thus I was not able to post much (or at all). I have actually met great Roberto Sassi in Larnaca when we played against FC Dynamo from Moscow. He was tracking his players HRs using Polar system. Unfortunately, we were unable to chat for long although I think that would be time well spent.


I am in the process of reading 800+ pages of printed out research and watching excellent video lectures on Performance in Sports involving Intense Exercise, some of which are based on the articles I am just reading. Make sure to watch them!

We are entering in-season from tomorrow, since the first game is on Saturday. Expect some posts on in-season training and some thoughts on RSA along with general gibberish.

In the mean time I highly suggest checking David Tenney's article on soccer at 8WeeksOut.com

As for me, I am back to lifting although I have some small SI joint tweaks now and them which is the daemon that follows me all the time. I am using some of Lyle McDonald advices on this and I suggest taking a look at the forum thread and YouTube videos.  I also plan going back to martial arts (BJJ and boxing), but we will see with the time constraints.

And that's all with this "update". Going to lift


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in links, Notice | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Playbook: Understanding MODERATION through simulation
    Playbook: Understanding MODERATION through simulation Playbook: Understanding MODERATION through simulation Introduction I rece...
  • Intensity-Effort Table for Strength training
    Intensity-Effort Table for Strength training Continuing on my rant on three parameters of intensity in strength training I decided to updat...
  • Olympic lifting matrix
    I was training yesterday with a friend of mine, playing with GymAware Pro (with a Web support and BTW I am AMAZED how powerful this tool ...
  • Periodization Confusion?
    I have recently been reading Transfer of Training  (Volume 2) by Dr Anatoly Bondarchuk an...
  • Planning the Strength Training. Part 1
    Planning the strength training From novice to elite CHARACTERISTICS OF THE LIFTER According to Mark Rippetoe, the author of Practical Progra...
  • The Ultimate Guide to HRV Training – Joel Jamieson
      The Ultimate Guide to HRV Training By Joel Jamieson This was a long awaited book from Joel, especially if you have already purchased BioF...
  • 6 weeks running program for soccer players
    This is an article I wrote couple of months ago for one website, but it never got published, so I decided to publish it on my b...
  • Dashboard design
    I have received quite a few emails on my last blog post.   Most of the authors asked me   how to create the dashboard that conveys clear an...
  • Interview with Steve Magness
    Interview with Steve Magness In the last couple of years blog by Steve Magness “ Science of Running ” was more than the source of casual re...
  • How to visualize test change scores for coaches
    How to visualize test change scores for coaches How to visualize test change scores for coaches Introduction Coaches are not int...

Categories

  • analysis
  • Basketball
  • Biomechanics
  • conditioning
  • dashboards
  • Download
  • ELEIKO
  • energy system development
  • Excel
  • Fasting
  • fun
  • general vs. specific
  • Good Reads
  • Guest Article
  • GymAware
  • HRV
  • IE20-10
  • injuries
  • interview
  • Italian
  • links
  • martial arts
  • MMA
  • monitoring
  • Muscles
  • Notice
  • Nutrition
  • Olympic lifting
  • On Serbian
  • Performance Analysis
  • periodization
  • Philosophy
  • Physical Therapy
  • Physiology
  • planning
  • powerlifting
  • Product
  • programming
  • Psychology
  • R
  • Random Thoughts
  • Research
  • Review
  • Roberto Sassi
  • RPE
  • RSA
  • runnings
  • screen cast
  • soccer
  • statistics
  • strength training
  • team sports
  • Theory
  • videos
  • visit
  • volleyball
  • Warm-up
  • wellness questionnaire

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (54)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2012 (55)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (3)
  • ▼  2011 (48)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ▼  February (1)
      • Back to business...
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2010 (42)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (19)
    • ►  September (7)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile